dinsdag 24 maart 2009

Hola Siurana!

the first message from Spain, hooray!

I arrived yesterday evening at the campsite which is full of very strong climbers and very friendly people after being ripped off by my taxi driver. There aren't many buses going to Cornudella so I had to take a taxi, but I found out that I paid almost 20€ more than some others climbers did! I sure hope I won't see that guy again at the airport...

I had to choose my place for my tent rather fast because it was already getting dark. Followed by a lasagna and a good night rest because the first day was a really long day (being awake from 3:30hrs).

This morning I took a nice walk to the small village of Siurana and then I met a guy from Norway who looked pretty familiar... He climbed in Tonsai in february as well! pretty small world I should say... I went shopping together with him and his friend in Cornudella, otherwise this would have been 6 hard kms on foot but now it was pretty cosy in the car: :)

Afternoon: first climbs. For my first day I was planning on doing some eay climbing to warm up and to get to know the place. So we decide to do a 6b+ which turned out to be at least 7a+... Some warming up... After that an attempt in a 7b which felt really good so I'd like to try that one again.

And that's about it for now, I can't say a lot more right now except that I'm in the middle of nowhere but also in the middle of the largest playground I've ever seen in my life! ;) The potential is so huge here. There are already over 600 routes and they say that until now maybe 20 % is used... Do I need to say more?

There's only one more thing for me to say and that's:

A MUERTE!

Ciao!

N.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten