donderdag 12 maart 2009

Goodbye Ton Sai

This will be my first message I'm posting in english due to the fact that my blog is going international :ahum ahum:   :)

It's been almost 2 weeks now that I'm back from one of the most beautiful places I've ever been in my life... And I must say, I sure miss that place! The weather, the crags, the flora and the fauna, the food (even with the tonsai tummy that comes with it...) and most of all: the people, as well as the thai people as all the climbers and the atmosphere! I can't imagine a place where everyone lives to together in peace and happiness (without any cops in sight!). Gosh, this sounds all so cheesy but the truth is... It's just the way it is!

But you can't stop and keep on looking behind you because there are still a lot of beautiful experiences to come... So now, I'm looking forward to go to (according to the 8a-yearbook) one of the top 10 crags in the world, being Siurana in Spain. I sure hope that my "shape" I built up in thailand will still be present... :) My departure date isn't determined yet, but hey, I'm flexible! ;)

As I'm flexible so is my planning. Because in life not everything turns out the way you thought it would, things might change overtime. So now I'm announcing that my planning slightly changed. For more information, stay tuned! ;) Probably by the end of the week I'll give some more clarity about the future...

But as for now, enjoy Tonsai!

Ciao!

N.

- the people I climbed with my last 1 1/2 week, or as we call it, the tonsai family :)



- the "real" monkeys 



- my pet (look carefully)


- the "main" road


- Deep Water Solo-action


- DWS-picknick on a deserted beach (an Expedition Robinson look-a-like island)


- !nbev-competition by Singha ;)


- Dukes of Hazard in Thailand??


-  one of my favourite views = the hammock-view!


- Fabien, nice french guy on a world journey (with also a blog http://fabienautourdumonde.blogspot.com/) working on a 7a


- a moment of inspiration ;)


- mental route preparation (and if you look carefully, with "a lekstok in my bakkes") :D


- making the clip (and many thanks to Mathieu and Geneviève for the great pictures!)


- long reach...


- shake shake shake! shake shake shake! shake that lactose acid away! as a song, this wouldn't be so great... :)


- route preparation was apparently not sufficient enough...


- Ton Sai sunset, a picture just can't capture all the different and beautiful colours of the sky


- and last but not least, Ton Sai party people with NielfisK pounding through the speakers



1 opmerking:

  1. He Niels,

    Leuke foto's... de niet-avontuurlijke ik zou bijna de koffers pakken.
    Omdat ik me nog net kan inhouden ben ik blij dat ik hier wat kan meepiepen.

    Allé klim ze nog en nog veel genietens,

    Rob en Kim

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen